Sunday, January 22, 2006
I bless Ra, fierce Sun burning bright.
I bless Isis — Luna in the night.
I bless the Air, the Horus Hawk.
I bless the Earth on which I walk.
During this "Greet the Day" meditation, visualize white Light in your Crown Chakra — the top of your head — while saying the first line. While saying the second line, visualize this Light illuminating the Chakra in your forehead. While saying the third line, see the Light emanating from your Throat, Heart and Solar Plexus Chakras. During the final line, visualize this Light in your First and Second Chakras, in the genital region.
- First Chakra — Muladhara (Basic Support Chakra), the Tail Chakra — Perineum, below the genitals and above the anus inside the coccyx, the pelvic plexus, base of the spine, the first three vertebrae
- Second Chakra — Svadhisthana (Dwelling Place of the Self), the Genital Chakra — Genital region, hypogastric plexus
- Third Chakra — Manipura (City of Gems), the Navel Chakra — The part of the vertebral column that corresponds to the navel region
- Fourth Chakra — Anahata (Unstuck Chakra), the Heart Chakra — The hearth region of the vertebral column, the cardiac plexus
- Fifth Chakra — Vishudda (Pure Chakra), the Throat Chakra — Neck region, throat, carotid plexus, the cervical part of the spinal column that corresponds to the neck
- Sixth Chakra — Ajna (Command Chakra), the Third Eye Chakra — Medulla plexus, pineal plexus, point between the eyebrows
- Seventh Chakra — Sahasrara (Thousand-Petaled Chakra), the Crown Chakra — Top of the Cranium, cerebral plexus
Isis | Osiris | Horus
Drawing by David Calvert-Orange